You're One in a Melon - Week 44

Week 44 - The Cantaloupe Margarita

The weeks are flying by and I'm nearing the end of my journey.  I can't believe how fast the year has gone by and how much I have learned.  This week I went with the Cantaloupe Margarita.  It was a nice fruity treat in the middle of the holiday craze!


This drink was pretty easy to make, but required a little forethought in that I froze some of the chunks of cantaloupe ahead of time and used them as the ice cubes for the drink.  I was also able to use Midori liquor again.  I first used this in Week 9 for a frozen melon margarita.  It was one of the liquors that surprised me the most.  I found it surprisingly delicious.  I was eager to give it another try.  It did not disappoint.


The drink was refreshing and smooth.  The drink also looked really pretty.  It's always fun to see the fruits of your labor.  I highly recommend this drink.  It's just the right flavor of melon with the pairing of a traditional margarita flavor. 


Lesson learned - During this busy time of the year, simple is perfect.  Adding a fun touch of fruit as ice cubes was just enough of a twist to mix it up.  Cheers!


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
1 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce Midori
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 cup cubed cantaloupe or cantaloupe balls for garnish


Level of difficulty - 4
Taste - 8
Overall - 8




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Wasting Away Again in Cosmo Rita Ville - Week 7