Tropic Like It's Hot - Week 49

Week 49 - The Pineapple Margarita
 I have been looking forward to this drink since I started this adventure.  I even bought the ingredients several months ago, but it’s one of those drinks that I just didn’t get around to.  Each week I considered it, but went with a different choice.  This week I decided to go for it.  The only thing I can say to myself is, why did I wait so long?

This was definitely one of the best I have tried all year.  Other than cutting up the pineapple, which I find to be a feat of epic proportions (luckily my mom was in town and took pity on me and cut it up) I found this to be a pretty easy drink to make.

I did have to use the blender, but the pineapple itself gave the drink great consistency, so it was pretty easy to get right. The drink was sweet and smooth with just enough froth at the top.  I highly recommend this drink.  I do think it’s likely more of a summertime drink, but I do not apologize for enjoying it in December‼

Lesson learned – don’t put off the things you want to do.  I was so excited for this drink, but waited so long to give it a try.  I could have been enjoying this all year long, but I waited to make the drink until almost the end.  Don’t let the nuances of life get in the way of doing the fin things.  You only live once, so make the pineapple margarita!  Cheers!

Recipe
2 ounces pineapple juice
1 1/2 ounces tequila
1 ounce Cointreau
1/2 cup ripe crushed pineapple
splash of lemon juice
splash of simple syrup
pineapple chunks for garnish if desired

Level of difficulty – 4
Taste – 9
Overall – 9


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Wasting Away Again in Cosmo Rita Ville - Week 7