I Wish You Were Beer - Week 45

Week 45 - The Lagerita
I have been equally excited about and fearing my week 45 drink.  It combines two things I like, beer and margaritas, but some things are mutually exclusive.  I just wasn't sure if this was going to be two of those things. 


This drink called for 2 ounces of light beer.  I chose to go with Amstel Light.  The other ingredients are traditional margarita ingredients.  The drink was easy to put together and was shockingly decent.  I don't know that it is something that I would drink often, but it was a cool and different drink that was definitely out of my comfort zone. 


I will admit that the one thing that I had a hard time getting over was the smell of the drink.  It smelled more like beer than a margarita, so it was a little confusing for my taste buds.  This alone almost stopped me from trying the drink all together, but I prevailed and I am sure glad I did.  This drink won't be for everyone, but if you are looking for something outside the box, this should be on your list.


Lesson learned - When you do something, you should do it all the way - meaning, I am glad I didn't give up on trying this drink.  It would have been a shame to put in all the work to make the drink only to never know what it tasted like. 


Recipe
2 ounces white tequila
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce lemon juice
1 ounce simple syrup
2 ounces light beer
Lemon wedge for garnish if desired

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11