Let's Talk Turkey - Week 41

Week 41 - The Cranberry Margarita
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love the weather, getting together with family and the food.  This year was extra special as I was able to go home to Western NY, to spend a few days with my family and friends.  My mom cooked all my favorite things and it was a nice break.  What I was not prepared for, was the foot of snow on the ground and temperature of 8 degrees when I landed!  Apparently this was one of the coldest Thanksgiving on record in NY.  So glad I picked this year to go home!  My Florida was definitely showing as I bundled up:) All kidding aside, It was a wonderful visit.  I was able to share my margarita adventure with my family in the form of my week 41 drink - The Cranberry Margarita!


This drink was pretty easy to make and I had to make several!  What can I say, they were a big hit!  This drink is a fun twist on the traditional margarita and it had a fun sweet flavor that could be enjoyed by many people.  I added both sweetened cranberries and white cranberry juice to the recipe.  The drink turned out to be a beautiful dark pink color.  I added cranberries as a garnish.  It was a perfect and festive cocktail for the season.  I highly recommend.


Lesson Learned - There's nothing better than being home for the holidays.  The only thing that can make that better is a perfect holiday cocktail to add to the cheer!  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!


Recipe
1 1/2 ounce white tequila
1 ounce triple sec
1/4 cup sweetened cranberries with juices
splash of lemon juice
splash of white cranberry juice
Cranberries for garnish if desired


Level of difficulty - 3
Taste - 8
Overall - 8



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11