I'm Nuts about you - Week 42

Week 42 - The Hazelnut Margarita
Tis the season for fun festive drinks and week 42 did not disappoint!  I tried the Hazelnut Margarita for some family and friends while I was home in NY for Thanksgiving.  When I think of Hazelnut, I generally think of flavored coffee or coffee creamer.  Initially, I was worried this would be a cream based drink, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover Frangelico liquor.  It is a hazelnut flavored liquor and it is pretty fantastic.


The drink went together easily and smelled amazing.  I think the smell of the drink may have been better than the drink itself.  The drink is shaken over ice.  I added brown sugar to the rim.  It turned out to be a great tasting festive drink. My family loved it and that made it all the better.   If you are looking for a fun drink to add to a holiday party, I highly recommend this.


Lesson Learned - It's fun to create drinks, but it's even more fun to watch others enjoy them.  It was so much fun to have my family share in my drink making adventure and it was so rewarding that they enjoyed the drink so much. 


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 1/2 ounces Frangelico
1/2 ounce lemon juice
light brown sugar for garnish


Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 7
Overall - 7.5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11