Sip Sip Hooray - Week 50

Week 50 - The Brunch Margarita
Brunch, a beloved past time of many.  I like a good brunch myself, but if i'm being honest, I LOVE breakfast as soon as I get up.  It's my favorite meal of the day and waiting until 10:00 am for it is torture.   However, I won't hold that against this drink.  I did not have many expectations for my week 49 drink.  I figured I’d like it, but wasn’t sure it would be a stand out for the year.  However, I found it to be better than I anticipated.   This is the perfect drink to make for a party or as the name indicates, brunch!

The drink is easy to put together and has a light fruity taste.  I particularly enjoyed the addition of the champagne to the drink.  It gave the drink a little punch of bubbles and flavor.  While I followed the recipe closely, I think you could probably throw in any juices you have around the house to make this drink.  It’s a great drink that can be made up ahead of time and in large quantities.  You could put a pitcher on the table and be good to go.

Lesson learned – this drink surprised me in a good way.  I wasn’t sure all the sweet ingredients of this drink would work, but it did.  Cheers!

Recipe
3/4 ounce orange juice
3/4 ounce pink lemonade
3/4 ounce pineapple juice
1/2 ounce tequila
1/2 ounce triple sec
2 ounces Champagne (or sparkling wine)
Orange, pineapple or lemon wheel for garnish if desired

Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 7.5
Overall - 7.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Wasting Away Again in Cosmo Rita Ville - Week 7