In the Limelight - Week 47

Week 47 - The Key Lime Margarita
I thought it would look more green.  These words actually came out of my mouth today.  I never envisioned myself saying these words out loud, but life is funny like that and takes you in directions you do not expect from time to time.  That being said, I present to you, The Key Lime Margarita.


My week 47 drink was surprising in multiple ways.  The most obvious thing was that I pictured this drink to be bright green.  It was not.  I'm unclear if this is something I did wrong or if the green was just an assumption on my part.  I followed the directions pretty carefully, so if anything, it could only be the type of key lime juice that I bought.  Despite the color differential, the drink was also surprising in how great it was.  Who cares what color it is, if it tastes great! 


The drink was super easy to make.  I did need to buy key lime juice, but  live in Florida, so this was not hard to find.  I loved this drink and would make it again any time!  It was light and refreshing and everything I want from a margarita.


Lesson learned - The color of the drink doesn't really matter.  I was really nervous when I poured this drink and saw that it wasn't bright green.  I thought I had done something wrong, but in the end, the drink was great.  So if I did make a mistake, it was a happy one.  I can live with that.  Cheers!


Recipe
1 1/2 ounces tequila
1 1/2 ounces vanilla schnapps
1/2 key lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
sugar on the rim for garnish if desired.


Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 8.5
Overall - 8.5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11