Chippin', Dippin' & Margarita Sippin' - Week 48


Week 48 - The Anejo Margarita
I have been interested in trying this margarita since I started the year.  It’s one that was suggested to me as it is supposed to take a traditional margarita to the next level.  Like a fancy version of a margarita.  I decided to give it a try.


This drink is a play on the Grand Gold Margarita recipe from Week 11.  If you recall, this has been one of my favorite drinks so far this year.  I was eager to give this recipe another try and spice it up with Anejo tequila.  An Anejo tequila is known to be an “aged” or Vintage” tequila.  It is aged for a minimum of 1-3 years in oak barrels.  The flavor is known to be more smoother and more subtle. 


The drink was easy to put together.  In addition the the recipe from week 11, The Anejo Margarita calls for a substitution of Anejo tequila for traditional tequila and it adds a splash of Orange juice.  The recipe did suggest that you could switch out Damiana (a sweet herbal Mexican liqueur) for the Grand Marnier.  I actually chose to leave the Grand Marnier in this drink as I really enjoy it.


The drink was everything it promised to be.  It was smooth and delicious.  I am a big fan of the smoother tequilas and like to try drinks that include them.  I give this drink two thumbs up! 


Lesson learned – sometimes more expensive is better.  Not always, but in this case, I find the splurge for the Anejo tequila to be worth it.  Cheers!


Recipe

2 ounces Anejo tequila

2 ounces simple syrup

1 ounce Grand Marnier

1 ounce lime juice

1 ounce lemon juice

splash of orange juice

lime wedge or wheel for garnish if desired


Level of difficulty – 3

Taste – 9

Overall – 9




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Wasting Away Again in Cosmo Rita Ville - Week 7