Life's a Peach - Week 29

Week 29 - The Peach Margarita

Happy National Tequila Day!!  In honor of the liquor that has been such a big part of my year, I'm kicking back with my week 29 drink - The Peach Margarita!

This drink has been on my radar for quite a while.  I love peaches and I was really excited to give this a try.  The drink was easy to put together.  It called for peach schnapps and orange juice in addition to the usual ingredients.  I chopped up a peach and added all the ingredients to the blender.  To my surprise, it all blended together beautifully.  I used sugar on the rim and garnished with a a simple lime wedge- I actually had to use the lime bacuse I accidentally cut up all the peach for the drink- ugh!  Sometimes I just can't handle my own stupidity:) However, the lime looked great so, no harm, no foul!

I worried this drink might be too sweet, but it was perfect.  I loved both the taste and look of this drink.  Two thumbs up.  I highly recommend.

Lesson Learned - It's totally okay to drink Margaritas on a Tuesday, at home, alone!  It's all in the name of my blog of course...at least that's what I tell people;)

Recipe
2 ounces peach schnapps
1 1/2 ounces white tequila
1 ounce orange juice
1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1/2 peach cut up
Splash of lemon juice
Garnish with sugar if desired

Level of difficulty- 3
Taste- 9.5
Overall - 9


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11