Is That You Margarita or Just a Rasberry Disguise? - Week 25

Week 25 - The Chambord Margarita


Happy Fourth of July!  I usually spend our nation's birthday with friends and family, but this year it didn't work out, so I am doing the next best thing, spending it making margarita's and writing this blog.  All in all, not a terrible way to spend a day off!


This week's drink of choice is the Chambord Margarita.  I had never heard of Chambord until a week ago.  I actually had to Google it to find out what it was all about. Turns out, it's a raspberry liquor.  Sounds good to me!  It also comes in the most adorable bottle.  Who wouldn't want to give this a try?



In addition to trying a new liquor, my friend @redwinesippycup, otherwise known as my pal Amy, told me about Glacio Ice mold Makers.  This ice maker makes perfectly clear ice cubes.   At first I thought she was crazy, but sure enough, it was legit and totally incredible!  I am now the proud owner of a sphere and a square Glacio ice cube maker!  They aren't super cheap, but they won't break the bank either.  A perfectly clear ice cube is seriously cool and brings your drink to the next level.




This drink went together pretty easily.  The addition of the Chambord took the drink to the next level.  I chose to add salt to the rim of the drink and added a simple lime wedge for garnish.  The drink was then poured over the perfectly clear ice cube to perfectly finish the cocktail.

The drink looked great and tasted amazing.  I was a little nervous the raspberry flavor would be overwhelming.  While I like raspberry, a little bit goes a long way for me.  However, It's a perfect balance of traditional cocktail with a hint of raspberry.  Plus, it's a great color.  This drink is near the top of my list so far.  Cheers!

Lesson learned - pushing the limits is what it's all about.  I was nervous to try a new liquor, but it paid off.  A few months back, I would not have been so adventurous and would have missed out on this great drink!  I'm proud of myself for slowly breaking outside my comfort zone and seeing what else is out there.


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce Chambord
1 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
lime wedge for garnish

Level of difficulty - 3
Taste - 9
Overall - 9







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11