Shake It Off - Week 28

Week 28 - The Watermelon Margarita
I was discouraged after last week's unfortunate drink.  It was a big disappointment and looked awful.  I needed to shake off last week's bad luck and try again.  This week's drink of choice is The Watermelon Margarita.  It's perfect for the hot summer days that are upon us.  It looked like a fun and relatively easy drink to put together.


This drink called for Watermelon Schnapps.  While I generally like watermelon, it's never something I seek out.  I find it to be just "okay" so I was a little hesitant going into this drink, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I chose to make the drink over ice as opposed to in the blender.  The taste was quite good.  It was just enough sweetness and the watermelon flavor was not overwhelming as I feared. 


I did deviate from the recipe just a bit by adding a few pieces of frozen cut up watermelon to the drink instead of ice cubes.  I thought it would be a fun twist to the drink.  I decided to skip salt/sugar on the rim and garnished with a small watermelon wedge.

I really enjoyed this drink and would definitely suggest it as both a single drink or as a punch for a summer party.  It was easy and fun to make and didn't take a lot of prep time.


Lesson learned - Taste preferences do not always translate to the drink world.  I have been surprised on more than one occasion during my year long experiment on drink tastes.   Flavors sometimes taste differently in drink form.  I've learned to at least give it a try before I make a decision!


Recipe
1 1/2 ounce tequila
1 1/2 ounce Watermelon Schnapps
1 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
watermelon garnish if desired


Level of difficulty - 3
Taste - 9
Overall - 9







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Wasting Away Again in Cosmo Rita Ville - Week 7