When Life Gives You Lemons - Week 2

Week 2:  The Meyer Lemon Margarita




As I mentioned in my first post (How it all began) blogging is new to me and I have been learning how it works as I go.  I'm so thankful to my incredibly tech savvy pals @RedWineSippyCup and KendrellaVirginia for showing me the ropes and patiently answering my incessant follow up questions - you mean I should use more than one hashtag? What happens if I notice a typo?  How do I link a prior blog post? lol.  Everyone needs a helping hand occasionally and these two have been mine.  Side note – it has been brought to my attention that I really like to use commas and exclamation points!  I was previously unaware of my affinity for both of these things.  It seems this blog has already helped me learn something about myself!  I’ve given this some thought and I’ll try to lay off the commas, but the exclamation points are going to be tough.  Ultimately, I accept this as part, of, who, I, am!!! lol


Though I started this adventure/challenge the first week of the year, due to my limited technical skills and fear of trying something new, I have been delayed in actually posting the blog in real time.  I hope to catch up soon and post week by week thereafter, but in the meantime, I am going to try to get the last few weeks of posts up during the next week or so.  In case you are confused by why these posts are not coming out weekly - this is your answer:)


I'm still celebrating the success of my week one drink!  I can't believe how much I am enjoying the process of making drinks.  I find it's actually quite relaxing. It’s also instant gratification for a job well done – unlike all the paperwork on my desk that never seems to go away, no matter how hard I work. However, in all my triumphing about my week one success and mixology in general, week two was passing by pretty quickly!  I had to travel for work also, which made my time to consider and prep for this week's drink almost non-existent.
 
I had to come up with something that would be quick and easy to prepare or risk missing my internal deadline on the second week.  Deadlines can NOT be missed (see my post Beginner's Luck - Week 1 for the "me =Type A" explanation).  I flipped through my book to find a more simple drink option, for which I hopefully already had the ingredients laying around my house.  Sure enough, I came across the Meyer Lemon margarita that worked perfectly into my busy week.  This drink is similar to what I consider a traditional margarita, but with more emphasis on the lemon, rather than the lime.  Bonus, I love all things lemon, so I was really excite to try this one.  It did not disappoint.


This drink went together very easily and a simple lemon wheel and a little salt on the rim was the perfect garnish.  Simple, classic and easy.  This one might be my favorite!  I know, I know, it's only week two!  I'll reserve judgment for later in the year, but it's a front runner so far.

Lesson Learned: You don't have to be super fancy to make a good margarita.  Sometimes sticking to the basics works just fine.

Recipe

1 1/2 ounces tequila
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce Meyer lemon juice
3/4 ounce simple syrup


Level of difficulty: 2
Taste: 8.5
Overall: 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11