Blurred Limes - Week 13

Week 13 - The Margatini
  


The plan for this week was the Pink Lemonade Margarita, but I have been travelling for the last 6 days straight - 4 states and 5 cities in 6 days. I can't even tell you what time zone I am in right now. With the 10 minutes I had to spend at the grocery store this evening, I totally forgot to pickup 7up which was instrumental in the Pink lemonade margarita recipe, so I had to go to Plan B.  Plan B was of course very well thought out.  By this I mean, it involved frantically searching through my cupboards and the book to find a recipe that matched up with things I already had at the house.  Thank goodness for The Margatini! This will do just fine for week 13.


I have several visitors in town this week (It's that time of year) so I needed to make five versions of the drink.  Thanks to my previous shopping binges (see week 4) and my parents recent flea market adventures (see week 11) I had 5 perfect glasses to use.  One of my favorite parts of drink making is selecting the perfect glass.  There is something very satisfying about the right drink in the perfect glass.


As I'm sure you have guessed, the Margatini is a cross between a martini and a margarita.  I can't say that I have much experience with martini's, but they do sound pretty cool to order.  I used to be cool for like a year or two in college, so I'm definitely qualified to make and test this drink!  This was obviously before I discovered cardigans and fell in love:)


I went with a simple lime slice as a garnish for this drink, but wanted to spruce it up a bit, so I made a few cuts to the peel to make the lime slice stand out.  Doing this gave the lime slice a flower like appearance.  I think it turned out pretty good!  See photo below to judge for yourself.




I thought this drink would make me feel more like James Bond.  It didn't.  But, it was a great time with family and friends.  Out of the group, two people wanted salt and the rest did not.  The drinks all turned out great and received great reviews.  It's fun to watch others enjoy something you create.    We did a collective cheers and spent the rest of the evening playing board games and enjoying each others company.  After all, that's what life is really about, right?



Lesson Learned: Even though I had to scramble to pull this drink together, it still turned out pretty decent and the only one that knew how crazy it was behind the scenes, was me:)  The only thing that really matters in drink making is the final product.  It can be as messy as you need it to be behind the scenes as long at the final product looks good:)

Recipe
2 ounces silver tequila
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
Lime wheel for garnish

Level of Difficulty - 2
Taste - 8.5
Overall - 8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11