I feel so Blue - Week 15

The Blue Margarita - Week 15

It's been a busy few weeks and this was my last weekend with my parents before they head back north for the summer.  Because of all this, we decided to take it easy today.  We stayed in, watched golf and drank margaritas! It was a perfect Sunday.  I decided to try the Blue Margarita for week 15.


This Margarita was super easy to put together and turned out to be a really pretty blue (shocking I know) color.  The blue coloring comes from the Blue Curacao ingredient.   I have never used Blue Curacao before, so it was fun to try a new ingredient.  This drink also allowed me to use a new glass I picked up a few weeks ago to complete the drink.  The glass wasn't anything fancy, but it worked great for this drink.  I also decided to use my cube ice mold.  As I've mentioned in prior posts, there is something satisfying about using the perfect shaped ice cube for a drink.  It helps the drink to look finished.  I also added salt to the rim.  Because the drink looked so good in a simple form, I chose to skip a garnish altogether.  Sometimes less is more.



I was pleasantly surprised at how good this drink turned out.  I wasn't going for anything fancy, but I think the drink turned out awesome.   I was skeptical about the bright blue color at first - the look reminded me of a few rum punches I enjoyed on spring break during college.  That wasn't what I was going for with this drink.  However, the taste was shockingly good.  I really enjoyed it.  This would be a great drink for a summer get together.  It goes together easily, looks festive and tastes great. 


Lesson learned: Sometimes less is more.  This drink was as basic as it gets, but tasted great and looked fun.  You don't always have to go fancy to get a good result.


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce blue curacao
1 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce lemon juice


level of difficulty - 1
taste - 8
Overall - 8.5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11