Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy - Week 16

Week 16 - The Pink Lemonade Margarita

Girls weekends are one of life's greatest treasures.  This weekend, I met up with up with my friends Julie and Laura in Amelia Island, Florida.  Julie and I have known each other since we were babies and Laura joined our group in college.  There's only one things we love more than each other - The New York Yankees!  This trip was one of our rare trips that didn't involve a baseball game.  We decided to try Airbnb for the first time - I know, welcome to the 21st century already!  As much as I travel, I generally only stay in hotels.  Airbnb was out of my comfort zone, but ended up being an awesome experience.  We rented the house with the intention of spending time with each other and making lots of margaritas!  The house was perfect, the weather was amazing and the company was even better than that.  Sometimes getting away for a few days changes your perspective on life and gives you a mental break to prepare you to face Monday!  Check out the view from the house below.

My friends have been very supportive of my new hobby as a drink maker and wanted to be involved for one of my blog posts.  It's so much fun to see that others are having fun with all of this too.  A few people have even mentioned that my posts have inspired them to try different drinks.  It makes my heart happy that others are having as much fun as I am. 

When I arrived at the house, I was greeted with the awesome gifts below!  How cool are these glasses?  I don't know which one I like better, the adorable flamingos or the one with #JessieOnTheRocks on it.  I have some pretty great friends!




The house we rented had a pool, so we took full advantage of laying in the sun and sipping on cocktails.  Okay, you caught me, I was in the shade because my pasty white translucent skin burns if I even think about sunlight, but it was still fun:)  Julie and Laura requested the Pink Lemonade Margarita, so that is my choice for week 16.  The drink called for 7-Up and pink lemonade concentrate in addition to the traditional margarita ingredients.  This drink can be made frozen and not frozen.  Since we had lots of time to relax, I made the drink in both forms.  The drinks took a few minutes to put together, but it was so much fun that I didn't even notice.  I added a lemon wheel for garnish.  Both drinks turned out awesome.  I highly recommend both for a summer party.  Some pictures of the fun are below:




It was an amazing weekend and a fantastic drink.  I can't wait to do it again soon.  Unfortunately, I have to return to work Monday so I can support my margarita habit.

Lesson Learned:  Every once in a while you have to stop and smell the roses.  It's good for the soul.  We live in a world where we are overcommitted, overworked and always expected to be available.  It's hard to break away from that for a little R&R, but once you do, it does wonders for a person. 

Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
2 tablespoons pink lemonade frozen concentrate
1 ounce 7-Up
Lemon wheel for garnish

Level of Difficulty - 5
Taste - 9
Overall - 9

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11