No Champagne, No Gain - Week 33

Week 33 - The Sparkling Margarita
It has been an incredibly long few weeks.  Work has been crazy and I’m once again behind on my blog posts.  While it does bother me that I am behind schedule, I have arrived at a place in life where it’s not the end of the world for me to be off schedule a little.  I like to think of this as progress in my type A, left brain sequential world.  I enjoy my job a lot and I accept that it sometimes takes over my life.  I also accept that my job allows me to continue to shop (and buy margaritas) in the way upon which I have become accustom! lol.  I also enjoy that my mortgage gets paid, because I don’t think I would make a good homeless person and making margaritas could get dicey out of the back of my car!  My week 33 drink is dedicated to all the overworked people in the world.  I raise my glass of Sparkling Margarita to you!  Cheers.


I was very apprehensive about this drink because I'm not a huge champagne fan.   So I went in cautiously optimistic.  The recipe calls for two ounces of champagne in addition to the traditional margarita ingredients.  It was a very easy drink to put together.  I garnished with a simple lemon slice into the drink itself.  
The taste was surprisingly refreshing and delicious.  I almost regret pushing this drink off for so long.  This would be a great brunch drink or something neat to serve at a shower.


Lesson Learned - Procrastination can be both good and bad.  Sometimes it's okay to be a little behind schedule.  Just don't let that be the norm and you are okay!!


Recipe
1 ounce tequila
1/2 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce lemon juice
1 ounce simple syrup
2 ounces champagne
Lemon wheel for garnish


Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 8
Overall - 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11