Every Bloody Needs a Buddy - Week 34

Week 34 - The Bloody Rita
This week definitely did not go as planned, but it ended up turning out pretty great in the end!  I was supposed to be travelling all week, but thanks to Hurricane Florence, I had to rearrange some flights to ensure I could make it home.  Also, some of my dear friends that live in South Carolina needed to evacuate, so they ended up in Jacksonville with me for most of the week.  It was a fantastic opportunity to spend some time with them.  And, bonus - their house is still standing and has no damage, so it was best case scenario!  Cheers to that!


My friends enjoy a Blood Mary, so we tried the Bloody Rita recipe for this week's drink.  I have only recently started drinking Bloody Mary drinks within this past year.  I want to like them, but there's a lot of flavor going on and they overwhelm me a little bit.  I keep trying them though and am dedicated to finding one I like. 


This recipe called for Bloody Mary mix in addition to tequila and lime juice.  It is a very easy recipe and simple drink to put together.  In honor of my Charleston friends, we chose the Bold & Spicy Charleston Bloody Mary Mix.  It was outstanding.  I highly recommend.  I added salt to the glass rim and garnished the drink with celery and okra.
The drink turned out great.  We really enjoyed the flavor and the opportunity to drink together!  Matt is a Bloody Mary connoisseur, so he was skeptical about using tequila in the drink, but in the end, he really liked the drink.  I enjoyed as well.  I can still only have one of these drinks, but I'm pretty proud of getting outside my comfort zone on this.  This is a good brunch drink.  You could also make up a pitcher ahead of time for an event.

Lesson learned - Just because things do not go as planned, does not mean things won't turn out great.  I was glad to have a few extra days at home this week and to enjoy a few days with great friends.  cheers!

Recipe 


4 ounces Bloody Mary Mix
1 ounce tequila
1/2 ounce lime juice


Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 7
Overall - 7





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11