The Only Things I Throw Back On Thursdays are Drinks - week 24

Week 24 - The Strawberry Margarita

Tomorrow is a big day.  I'm getting ready to visit my 46th state!  If you have read any of my previous blog posts, it will not come as a surprise to you that I travel a lot.  Some travel I do for work, but I also genuinely love to visit new places and see as much of the world as I possibly can.  Every new place I see leaves an imprint on my life and I think, makes me a better person. 


I was very fortunate as a child to have parents that  showed me as much of the country as they could.  We drove all over the Northeast, to Florida and back and one crazy summer, we drove all the way to Texas and back.  By the time I had graduated high school, I was half way through the list of states.  Since then, I have chipped away at the other half of the states and feel pretty proud of where my travels have taken me. 


As I sit here awaiting my next big adventure, I thought a cocktail would be a great way to get myself in vacation mode!   The Strawberry Margarita seems like the perfect drink for my week 24 drink.   Also, a special toast and thanks to my parents for giving me the opportunity to see the world and for always supporting my adventures.  They drive me a little crazy sometimes, but the truth is, I'm a pretty lucky girl and I wouldn't trade them for the world:)


This drink was fun and easy to put together.  It also gave me the opportunity to use up the strawberries in my refrigerator before I leave.  Win-win! Strawberries are the only ingredient in addition to the traditional margarita ingredients for this drink.  I blended everything together with no issues - let's be honest, I still get some anxiety when I use the blender:)


This drink called for sugar on the rim of the glass and a strawberry for garnish.  I must make a confession on this garnish.  Please don't look too closely at it.  It is possible that I forgot to save a pretty strawberry out for the garnish and accidentally cut up all the good ones.  I was then left with one questionably fresh berry to make work.  I tried to use it's best angle in the picture, but truth be told - that berry has seen better days.  Oh the shame:)




Lesson learned - It's fun to incorporate a fun drink to accent something going on in life.  An island themed drink to get me in the mood for my vacation was great fun.  It's the little things in life!


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
1 strawberry for garnish and sugar for the rim if desired.


Level of difficulty - 3
Taste - 8.5
Overall - 8





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Chippin', Dippin' & Margarita Sippin' - Week 48