Tequiling Me Softly - Week 23

Week 23 - The Disaronno Margarita

Believe it or not, I have made it to the half way point in my year long margarita journey!  It has gone by shockingly fast and it has been a lot of fun so far.  Cheers to how far I have come and here's to the next six months! 


Today was a much needed lazy Sunday.  I ran some errands, caught up on laundry and most importantly, made margaritas!  This week's drink of choice was the Disaronno Margarita.  Disaronno is an amaretto liquor that tastes like sweetened almonds.  This is the first time I have used an amaretto liquor, though I did go through an Amaretto Sour phase in college a while back - probably father back than I'd like to admit.  I really enjoy an almond flavor, so I was looking forward to putting this drink together.




The drink itself was one of the easiest drinks I have made so far.  It only calls for three ingredients - tequila, Disaronno and lime juice.  The drink only took a few minutes to make.  It felt more like a fancy cocktail than a margarita, but I was willing to give it a try.


As I mentioned in last week's blog, I recently purchased a few new glasses on a recent Home Goods trip.  I was ready to use my new Smokey green colored glass.  The stem is pretty cool and I'd never seen anything quite like it, so I feel like it's pretty unique.  I skipped the salt per the recipe and went with a simple lime wheel for garnish.


It turned out pretty good.  It was an interesting flavor combo and the drink was stronger than I was prepared for, but definitely an interesting twist on the margarita.  If you like almond, this is your drink.


Lesson Learned - Mixing in new types of liquor sometimes pays off.  This week I got to learn how to incorporate a new liquor (Disaronno) into my drinks.  It was different and led to a pretty neat version of the drink I like so much.


Recipe
1 1/2 ounces white tequila
1/2 ounce Disaronno
1/2 Ounce lime juice


Level of difficulty - 1
Taste - 7
Overall - 6.5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11