Orange You Glad It's the Weekend? - Week 22

Week 22 - The Orange Delight Margarita


Have you ever experienced one of those days where absolutely nothing goes right.  I mean nothing.  This was my entire week.  Every. Single. Day. I was never so excited to see a weekend in my life. Life is unpredictable and pulls us in so many directions sometimes.   The good news is, that this too shall pass and I am going to start to leave this crazy week behind with my week 22 margarita - The Orange Delight Margarita.


This drink gave me the opportunity to use orange sherbet along with the traditional margarita ingredients.  I really enjoyed making this drink and found that the consistency of the sherbet made the frozen drink a lot easier to make.  Where was this ingredient when I was struggling a few months ago?!?!  It added consistency to the frozen part of the drink and made it thicker.  It looked absolutely perfect when I poured it into the cup.




I made a quick trip to Home Goods last week and found a pretty blue margarita glass that had a beach themed design.  I thought this drink would be the perfect time to use my new glass.  As I suspected, it worked great. 


The drink had a fair amount of ingredients, but otherwise went together very easily.  The taste was exactly what I expected.  It's a cross between a bowl of ice cream and a refreshing cocktail. It was a sweet and refreshing frozen treat that is perfect for hot summer days.  I would definitely make this drink again.  I also bet it would be good as a punch for a party.


Lesson Learned - One good drink can turn your whole week around.   When I say this week was bad, I'm not even doing it justice.  At one point, my flight was so delayed my plane literally could have driven to my destination faster.  As stressed as I was headed into the weekend, my new hobby helped me de-stress and do something fun.  This is exactly what my new hobby was designed to do and by the time I finished the drink, I was in a much better mood and the week was making a turn for the better!


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
1 ounce orange juice
1 scoop orange sorbet or sherbet
2 ounces orange soda (I used Orange Crush)
Orange slice for garnish


Level of difficulty - 4
Taste - 7.5
Overall - 7





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11