Let the Sea Set You Free - Week 21

Week 21 - The Caribbean Margarita




Florida enjoyed a very nice, long and cool winter/spring season this year.   For someone like me, who hates being hot, it was glorious.  I know, I live in the wrong state to not like being hot, but that's a whole other blog discussion (or therapy session!) for another day.  However, all good things must come to an end and summer arrived this week with a vengeance.  The humidly was so high today, I swear you could cut the air with a knife.  It definitely feels more like island life.  It put me in the mood for my week 21 drink - The Caribbean Margarita.


This drink was simple and refreshing and exactly what I needed for my lazy Saturday at home.  It had island flavors of pineapple mixed with coconut rum, which I love.  Added to that was tequila and a splash of grenadine that gave it a fun beachy color.  This drink was a breeze to put together.  It only took a few minutes and looked like I spent much longer.  This could be a fun drink that could be made ahead of time (in a pitcher) for a party.  The island flavors gave the drink a sweet refreshing flavor.  I added a lime and a cherry for garnish.  Easy peasy! 


I attempted to sit on my back porch to enjoy my drink, but it was so hot that I opted to sit inside in the A/C and look at the outdoors through the window.  The best of both worlds!  I'm getting the hang of Florida life after all!!

Lesson learned - Sometimes life's not a beach.  This drink was refreshingly simple and I was so thankful.  I have travelled almost the last 3 weeks straight, so I have been cutting it close on my posting deadlines.  It was awesome to come across this quick and easy drink.  Let's face it, life's busy and messy sometimes.  I don't always have time to hollow out pineapple cups.  As fun as that is, sometimes simple is exactly what the doctor ordered.


Recipe
3 ounces pineapple juice
1 1/2 ounces coconut rum
1 ounce tequila
3/4 ounce grenadine
lime wedge and cherry for garnish


Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 9
Overall 8.5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11