This Is Bananas - Week 37

Week 37 - The Banana Margarita
How is it October already?  I can't believe how fast this year is going and how far I am into my margarita journey.  I'm equal parts proud of what I have done so far and sad it's almost over.  To celebrate my success thus far and the drinks yet to come, I give you my week 37 drink, The Banana Margarita.


This drink is one that both interests me and makes me a little nervous at the same time.  I really like banana generally, but I recognize this is a flavor that can be a bit overwhelming and can take over.  I went into this drink cautiously optimistic. 
The drink included banana liquor and light cream in addition to tequila and simple syrup.  The drink turned out well.  It was a great consistency and the color I expected.  However, I found the cream consistency of the drink brought me back to my week 35 drink.   If you recall, this was The Blond Margarita.  I just have such a hard time with drinks that are a milk consistency.  This drink was no exception.  It was just too much banana and too much cream for me and I couldn't get past that.  While I wanted to like this drink, it was just not something I liked.  It sure did look pretty though.


Lesson learned:  Know your limits.  While it's good to try new things, sometimes it's okay to accept that something isn't for you.   I'm glad I gave the cream based drinks a try, but I'm okay that they aren't for me.   There's too many other drinks I do enjoy to dwell on the few that I don't enjoy.


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 1/2 ounces banana liquor
1/2 ounce light cream
1/2 banana
simple syrup (optional)
banana or banana chips for garnish


Level of difficulty - 3
Taste - 3
Overall - 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11