I Wanna Be Jalapeno Business - Week 39

Week 39 - The Jalapeno Margarita
I am still basking in the glory of last week's garnish success.  I'm not sure I can top it and I admit, I considered calling it quits and going out on a high note.  But alas, I made a commitment to 52 weeks and I'm having too much fun to quit now.  You are stuck with me until the end of the year!  I did decide to "spice" up the week 39 drink though - no really, I used jalapenos!  It's literally spicy:) my week 39 drink is the Jalapeno Margarita. 


I have heard several people comment on how much they like jalapeno margaritas over the last year and it has always interested me.  I like the combo of sweet and not sweet, but admit that I'm not a fan of spice in my food, like not AT ALL.  I'm a big baby, so I was nervous about trying this recipe.  However, after a few of the apple cocktails with my friends last week, one of my pals suggested that we should try the jalapeno recipe.  I had just enough liquid courage and was having so much fun that I was talked right into it!  I'm sure glad I tried it as it turned out to be a really cool drink. 


I used a traditional margarita recipe and just added jalapenos to the drink.  It worked pretty well.  I'm sure there are tons of different ways to make this, but I found keeping it simple worked really well.  Also, I'm sure it goes without saying, but this recipe did not come from the book I normally use.  Look at me making up my own recipes now!  Well, I'm not sure adding one ingredient totally counts as my own recipe, but it's definitely baby steps in the right direction.
The drink went together very easily and turned out pretty good.  My friends LOVED it.  I admit that I found it to be too spicy for me, but the taste was very good.  I just couldn't take the kick from the pepper.  If you like spice, this is your drink!


Lesson Learned - Just because I didn't like the taste doesn't mean it's not a good drink!  This is a great drink that I just didn't love.  I absolutely recommend it for anyone who loves jalapenos.  Cheers!


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce Cointreau
1/2 ounce simple syrup (1 ounce if you want a sweeter drink)
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce lemon juice
Garnish with a jalapeno if desired

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11