This Senorita Needs a Margarita - Week 32

Week 32 - The Marga Raider
If you are watching closely, you will realize I'm a week behind in my posts.  In my last post, I mentioned that I was on my way to my 20th high school reunion.  I had a wonderful time at the reunion and being home for a few days.  However, it seems that hitting my 20 year high school reunion was synonymous with old age.  I somehow managed to hurt my back upon my return.  I'd love to tell you all what I did to cause this injury, but apparently as you get older, you don't actually have to do anything to hurt yourself!  I now have a whole new respect for anyone with back pain.  It affects every aspect of your life - including drink making!  I'm happy to say that I am finally on the mend, but I am now a week behind.  I'll do my best to catch up over the next few weeks.  The argument could be made that a good margarita may have cured my ailment.  I guess we'll never know. 


In the meantime, my week 32 Margarita is the Marga Raider.  The Marga Raider is a twist on the more traditional drink known as "Red Bull and Vodka".  I am hesitant about this drink because I'm not a big fan of energy drinks.  I find them to be too sweet.  However, I'm willing to give this a try.  If this blog has taught me anything, it's that sometimes drinks surprise you.


The Marga Raider followed the traditional margarita recipe, with the addition of 2 ounces of Red Bull.  The drink is shaken over ice and calls for no salt.  I really gave this drink the old college try, but I must admit, I found the drink to be too sweet.  The traditional margarita is such a sweet drink on its own, I found the addition of the energy drink to be too much.  If you enjoy the sweetness of energy drinks, you will likely enjoy this.  It just wasn't for me.


Lesson learned - Age is just a number, until you hurt your back!  I kid, I kid.  There is such a thing as too sweet and for me it was the Marga Raider.  To each his own though and some people may disagree.  Taste at your own risk!


Recipe
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 ounces energy drink
Lime wedge for garnish


Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 5
Overall - 5





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Ain't Life Grand - Week 11