We've Come To The End of the Road - Week 52

Week 52 - The Classic Margarita

I made it!  Week 52 is upon us and I can't believe it's been a whole year since I started my Margarita adventure. On one hand it seems like I just started.  On the other hand, it feels like I've lived a lifetime since last January.  This year has been filled with exciting achievements, travel to great places, drink making adventures and also some of the greatest heartache I have ever experienced.  Life is an interesting journey and this year has taught me that you have to stop and smell the roses more.   It's important to make that drink and have time to sit down and enjoy it.  If you don't, you will blink and life will have passed right on by you.  I have a tendency to think more about tomorrow than I do today.  While this is sometimes helpful, I sometimes miss what's happening right in front of me.  This is something I've decided to work on in my life.  I'm going to start today, with my week 52 drink - The Classic Margarita.   I saved the very best for last.

It's the drink that started it all.  The classic margarita is what initially piqued my interest in drink making and inspired this blog.  It's a drink that's fun to make and refreshing at the end of the day.  I used classic ingredients of tequila, simple syrup, Cointreau, lemon and lime juice to make the drink.  I could make this drink in my sleep after this year, but I still enjoy the process.  It probably goes without saying that I give this drink two thumbs WAY up! 

Lesson learned - This year has taught me that a task worth doing is a task worth doing well.  I think I have done that.  I accomplished what I set out to do and I've had a blast doing so!  Somehow I have managed to amass over 1,000 Instagram followers and made some friends along the way too.  I'm in awe of how far I have come and all the things I have learned.  I can't wait to get started on 2019's adventure - stay tuned for me to jump head first into the world of Bourbon!

Recipe
2 ounces tequila
2 ounces simple syrup
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce lime juice
1 ounce lemon juice
Lime wheel for garnish if desired

Level of difficulty - 2
Taste - 10
Overall - 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Two Toddies - Hill Billy Bourbon

Here Comes the Sun - Week 4

Wasting Away Again in Cosmo Rita Ville - Week 7